Friday, August 8, 2014

Borosil-makes food tastier

One day I was all confused as a friend’s family was coming for dinner at my home.The confusion was not about what to cook, but about how to serve what was cooked.


 Just then I realized I have received a Mega Hamper from Borosil which had everything I need. Borosil really had a wide variety to offer from Melamine to Microwavable , which makes food even tastier because the food that looks good tastes good. 
I will share a recipe at the end , which I made that day and it was a great show I must say.

It was the sweety and spicy Paneer tikka masala  served with soft and hot phulkas kept in Borosil evergreen, multipurpose casseroles.


I am a fan now of Borosil range.

Be it Gourmet that I use whenever I make the delicious, hot, spicy soup or simmer dal in it. I enjoy watching the lentils getting cooked through the thin glass layer.

The iconic vision glass-classic, clean and crystal clear makes a perfect serve for dessert or drinks.

Even for making Jhatpat Indian sweets like Nariyal Ladooos, I used the mixing bowls the purity of white grated coconut enhanced by the transparent borosilicate glasses.

I love the chat and now when I have the perfect serving ware how can I miss to make it and serve it.To add element to the cooking I used the deep rectangular dish. And guess what this can be even used for baking. Next, I am going to try a cake in it.

My husband is a big time Chinese food lover, the noodles, the spring rolls, the manchurian gravies I serve it in the square dish which is perfectly designed to cook and serve later.

The Biryani's I just love them and the colorful golden long rice look beautiful in those see through dishes.
The recipe is Paneer Tikka Masala.


For marination                                             For the gravy 

 Paneer                                                                                Oil - 1 tbsp

 
Curd- 1/2 cup                                                   Jeera seeds/ cumin seeds- 1 tsp

All purpose Flour/Maida- 2 tsp                      Finely chopped onion -1 big

Red chilli powder- 3/4 -1 tsp                           Turmeric powder -a pinch

Chat Masala -1 tsp                                          Ginger Garlic Paste -1 tsp

Oil - 1 tbsp                                                      Tomato puree - 1 cup

Salt- to taste                                                   Coriander powder - 2 tsp

 
1 - 1 1/2 tbsp of oil for shallow frying            Cumin powder -1/2 tsp

                                                                       Chilli powder -1/2 tsp

                                                                       Garam masala - 3/4 tsp

                                                                      Cream - 1/4 cup 

                                                                      Salt & Sugar- to taste
Preparation

Cut paneer into cubes, 

In a bowl, mix curd, salt, chilli powder, Chaat masala, All purpose Flour and oil. Then add paneer. Mix well and keep it aside for 20-30 mins. Let it marinate.

Then heat oil in a non stick pan or tawa and shallow fry the marinated paneer, separately both sides till light brown. Keep it aside.
Method

Heat oil in a pan, add jeera seeds and ginger garlic paste after jeera seeds it splutters, add onion and saute nicely till it becomes golden brown colour.
Add tomato puree,cook till tomato starts leaving oil. After that add all the spice powder (coriander powder, cumin powder and chilli powder) , needed salt and cook again. 

Add a cup of water, bring it to boil, add the shallow fried paneer, capsicum, tomato, garam masala and cook on low flames for 3-4 minutes.Add sugar to taste and simmer it for about a minute.

Switch off the flame, stir in cream and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with Naan, chapati or any Indian bread or pulao.

Note -You can also add in the end the left out mixture which you used for marination.


Borosil adds aroma and color to all the food that is put in it. Its no need of decorating the food as borosil glasswares act as the garnish themselves.

What I love about it the most- its inspiring, its trendsetting and its affordable.



This post is a part of My Beautiful Food(Part 2) contest by Borosil hosted by Indiblogger.














2 comments: